Self-care has become a staple in my life for the last two years. I’ve learned to put myself first. Refilling my cup has been an ongoing process. I’m a natural giver and help anybody at almost anytime. So it has caused definite road blocks in my life and delayed dreams. So two years ago I started really finding a way to take care of myself in this thing called life.
Here are some things I like to do to get back to myself, clear my mind and rejuvenate.
1) Sitting by the river and reading – I don’t live by a beach so the river does the trick. You can still hear the water and it will calm you as well.
2) Weekend getaways- Sometimes you don’t have the time to do a week long vacation. Try to squeeze in a getaway of not bi-monthly, quarterly is good. You could visit family members in another state as well. There are plenty of sites to do get last minute deals on getaways. Groupon is great and if you want an island trip cheapcaribbean.com
3) Spa- Another great tool for relaxation while getting a massage or facial. If you can’t find a good deal online. You can always purchase items and have your own spa day at home.
4) Find a hobby- Doing something you love is great way to relax. Try to pick something that doesn’t take a lot of thinking.
5) Sleep- I myself I am still mastering trying to get 7 hours but sleep does wonders for our mind and body.
P.S. Don’t forget to do daily affirmations. Create a positive day for yourself with a positive mentality.
So I’ve been on a lifestyle change for a while now. I’m pescatarian adjacent lol. Cause sometimes I still have chicken or turkey once a month.
I like my salad to be colorful with a kick.
So I add hot peppers and sweet peppers to my salad. What’s your summer work lunch go to?
7th month of the year, got 6 months to push out the rest of my 2019 goals!
Definitely working on projects but consistency in all areas are necessary for me.
Life is crazy at times but I’m grateful to be alive.
Different looks for diff days. The weather has been crazy but still tried to maintain style. Here are my looks for the week
I’m working on using my tripod to give full looks. Bear with me as I get the skills down.
So of course my Kelly And Katie sandals from DSW are in rotation, as well as a pair of caramel ones from Mandee. I caught sandals on sale for $25% off a month ago but they are affordable. $40 is the normal price. You can be cute on a budget!
Monday: Rose and Olive , Cardigan from Ross and tank dress from a juniors store (cost:$28 with shoes)
Tuesday: Burgundy T-shirt and Navy Linen pants. Walmart has great tees and the Mandee linen pants were so comfortable. (C:$13)
Wednesday: Black T-shirt from Target And multicolored pleated skirt from Target-Who What Wear collection ($18)
Thursday: Dark Grey T-shirt swing dress from Ross ($10)
Friday: White Tee from H&M and olive green wide leg pants from Mandee ($15)
I have a love affair for pleated skirts and a t-shirt or nice top. Wardrobe staples in my closet in almost every color and a good print.
Happy Tuesday Shoesday! So I have a slight obsession with shoes. Every season I have to go through and see which I need to give away and what no longer serves me. I have to walk kinda far to my job from my lot. So I like comfortable shoes that I can wear all day for work. But I’m also a fashionista so I’ve been going back and forth for the last year about buying several lower heel shoes to adjust to my work style.
Now I know I could carry a bag with my shoes or leave a pair at work. But I don’t like extra baggage and I’m skeptical of leaving a good pair.
So I’m gonna get 4 lower pair heels and sandals. So far DSW has the best deal!
Calvin Klein and their Kelly and Katie 3inch heels will do!
I’ve been on this journey for a while. I’m super driven to complete all my goals. So I’m definitely creating a routine that’s keeps me laser focused. My biz baby is coming. Thanks for the support so far on my blog. The content is coming and I aim to get better at this weekly.